Thank you for your interest in covering the 38th Annual Detroit Jazz Festival taking place Sept. 1-4, 2017. To receive media and/or photo credentials to the world’s largest free jazz festival, we require that all applicants be working journalists that cover the non-profit, business, community and/or entertainment beats for publically circulated news outlets including newspapers, radio stations, TV stations, or websites. Bloggers will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, to be considered each journalist is required to:
- Fill out and submit the form below
- Upload a letter of assignment from their editor (on company letterhead) explaining the intent of using the credentials
- Provide links to recently published work, including past Festival coverage if applicable
All requests for media credentials must be received by Aug. 25, 2017. No requests after this date will be considered. The Festival reserves the right to deny or revoke credentials for any reason. Submission of the media request does not guarantee credentialing. Similarly, journalists that have been granted credentials in the past are still required to fill out the application and are not guarantee media access to this year’s event.
Our team will do its best to respond to your request within two weeks from the date of your submission. However, due to the high volume of media credential requests, responses may be delayed at times.
- Photo credentials are limited and give photographers access to a photo pit for a short timeframe at the beginning of each performance. For journalists granted media vs. photo credentials, the Festival team will be happy to provide promotional photos for publication.
- The Detroit Jazz Festival reserves the right to reprint or rebroadcast, free of charge, any coverage of the Festival by journalists they credential.
- Once approved, credentials will not be mailed and must be picked up in the official Media Center during Festival weekend. Pickup times and location details will be emailed to those credentialed.